Monday, September 8, 2008

Smallworld 2008 Americas Users Conference

I am looking forward to the upcoming Smallworld 2008 Americas Users Conference.  I will be there presenting and helping with a FME workshop and, of course, staffing the Red Planet Consulting booth.

I will be giving a presentation (Using FME as a Smallworld Spatial Analysis Tool) on Monday afternoon from 4:30-5:15.

I also wanted to mention that the author of Dialog Designer (now at v 1.7), Graham Garlick, will be presenting his very cool open-source Magik GUI development tool.  Unfortunately the agenda does not explicitly mention his name nor his topic, but you will find him presenting in the "Taming Graphics: Improving yourMagik draw, drop and drag" hands-on workshop on Tuesday morning from 8:30am-10:00am.

On Tuesday late morning (10:30am-noon) I will be in the "FME and Smallworld: Integrating and Distributing Spatial Data with New Server-based Spatial ETL" workshop.  Mark Stoakes from Safe Software will be leading the hands-on workshop allowing users to try their hand with the new FME Server product connected to the Smallworld Cambridge database.  I will be starting off the workshop by demonstrating using SIAS to download/upload data via the FME Server interface.

So, I hope I get to meet many of you at the conference.  Look for me at the Red Planet booth or in the conference sessions.  You will find me wearing one of those trademark Red Planet mechanics shirts.

No comments: